Maze misfortunes

After working, on and off, for months I finally took the robot for a spin. I have heard the phrase,
"If you want things done properly you got to do them yourself". Never gave much credit to it, but
I guess I should've heed. It only took a few minutes of testing before the pulse button attached to
the wheel made enough effort and generated enough heat up the H-Bridge to the point of no return.
This wouldn't matter much but as it turns out this design was not using an opto coupler to isolate the

Old Stuff

I found this old script I wrote to generate a Linux to DOS cross back in 2002. Time flies.

DGJPP is the DOS version of GCC. The litthe handy Perl script helped me generate a GCC cross compiler that I used to compile
Multiple Arcade Machine Emulator arcade machines.

The maze adventures

I write about this because I tend to forget about code I write, so in order to keep it fresh on memory
I’ve decided to keep a record of it and maybe someone else can make use of it. Even though it is still
mostly theoretical, at least in part, because the actual robot has not been completely built, the new
version, as the last version was a total disaster due to a problematic deadline and some not so
co-operating human subjects. Basically testing proved impossible and I had to carry on with school.

Playing with PICs

Robot seguidor de línea

Small program to control a line following robot with 8 sensors, needs to be cleaned. PIC 16F628A, 2 Motors, 8 Sensors

Black Jack

This was a small Java applet game I wrote while taking a class during college.

Instructions: Just focus on the applet and press F2 to start.
Once the game ends, you focus on the applet once again and press F2 to start over.

Winter Break with Google App Engine, Google Web Toolkit, ZSI.

For winter break I decided to test some things that I've had in the back log for a while. These things are Google App Engine, Google Web Toolkit, ZSI.

I really like the new technologies that Google is implementing. I personally aren't a fan of javascript, and the way they have managed to hide a lot of it through the use of GWT is amazing, and can actually make you more productive.


Subscribe to mapleman's Code & Stuff RSS