embedded

Maze misfortunes

After working, on and off, for months I finally took the robot for a spin. I have heard the phrase,
"If you want things done properly you got to do them yourself". Never gave much credit to it, but
I guess I should've heed. It only took a few minutes of testing before the pulse button attached to
the wheel made enough effort and generated enough heat up the H-Bridge to the point of no return.
This wouldn't matter much but as it turns out this design was not using an opto coupler to isolate the

The maze adventures

I write about this because I tend to forget about code I write, so in order to keep it fresh on memory
I’ve decided to keep a record of it and maybe someone else can make use of it. Even though it is still
mostly theoretical, at least in part, because the actual robot has not been completely built, the new
version, as the last version was a total disaster due to a problematic deadline and some not so
co-operating human subjects. Basically testing proved impossible and I had to carry on with school.

Subscribe to RSS - embedded